Friday, October 07, 2011

I Feel Good


Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would, now
So good, so good,  la la la …

Yes indeed. I feel so much better than I have in the past 10 weeks. I can’t believe it has been that long since I ran. Or lifted. Or swam. Or biked. Yikes. I’ve been living a sedentary lifestyle since this herniated disc business.

I often ask myself what in the hell do people do all day long if they aren’t being active, training for something, participating in sport? Other than family, work, etc.

I have WAY too much time on my hands. Over the years I’ve become quite a great scheduler. I’ve become very organized and have never had the problem of not having enough time to do all that I want to. I have the same 24 hours as others do, I fit all that I want to into them. I never feel stressed out or rushed for time.

By not training 20+ hours a week recently I have had an excess of time on my hands.  I have enjoyed attending ALL of Troy’s football games, I’ve even worked the sidelines as part of the chain gang. He plays three games a week, it’s been a blast. He’s also playing fall baseball so I’ve been able to attend all of the Sunday double headers as I haven’t traveled to any races. I’ve loved it!  This Sunday is the last of fall ball. Boo!

A few weeks ago I decided I wanted to start quilting again. I have purchased all of the material and have cut it all out. I’ll begin to sew it this weekend.

Happily, I finally ran last Saturday. Yup, a full 5 miles. I didn’t have any pain, I didn’t hurt afterwards, it was awesome.  Although I had entered Twin Cities Marathon I didn’t run it on Sunday. See, I’m being smart. I didn’t go from 5 miles to 26 in a day. I am also entered in the Team Ortho Half Marathon the end of the month, I don’t know whether I’ll be attending or now. Slow but sure. I’m not pushing anything this time around. I really pushed after my hysterectomy recovery to run the ½  a few weeks after my first run. Not this time.

Tomorrow I’ll head over to Gold’s. I haven’t lifted in 10 weeks. I’ll lift full body and light light light. I won’t rush right into the 90 lb DB shoulder shrugs or the 500 lb leg press. Slow and sure and smart, right.

I still feel a bit of tingling and numbness in my arm and hand but it is only off and on during the day, it isn’t constant and it doesn’t bring me to my knees.

During the past few weeks I’ve tested grains and my inflammation theory and it proves my theory every time. I imagine once I am fully healed I won’t notice the inflammation as much, but I do now.  I’m sticking to a paleo diet, the past 30 days has been a breeze and it makes me feel good, so good, like I knew that I would now….


3 comments:

Olga said...

I stated knitting again and am thinking about back to quilting again too. And I am being smart as coming back from my injury too. I think we're getting old:)

Julie said...

Hooray for a great 5 miles!! Glad you're feeling better, Julie!

coiua said...

true religion womens jeans
true religion womens seven jeans
true religion womens short jeans
nike free 5.0 v4 running
nike free run shoes
Sacs Louis Vuitton
jeans pas cher
sacoche louis vuitton pas cher
true religion brand jeans outlet
true religion outletfrapt