Saturday, May 15, 2010

Change of Plans

Well, I didn't make it up north to the Spring Superior Races. I shouldn't have registered last week, I should have waited for race day registration after all. Oh well.

Steve decided on Thursday to head up north for the fishing opener. He caught a glimpse of the weekend forecast and couldn't resist. I couldn't blame him! Tyler works all weekend and Troy has baseball games and photos so I chose to spend the weekend at home.

Today was a beautiful day. Sunshine, mid 70's. I walked around outside all day long with a smile on my face. Chores such as weeding, planting, scrubbing patio furniture and such are rather pleasant while basking in the sun. I love it. I was whistling all day long.

Topaz and I headed off to Lake Maria State Park again for our own private 50K. Such a beautiful park. There were a few more tents occupying the campsites but I didn't see any humans. Plenty of horses, eagle and deer! I found 13 more miles of trail that I didn't run weekend. Fabulous. A quick shower and off to baseball. I love summer ball. Fun in the sun!

Tomorrow looks like another beautiful day on tap, I'll head off to the park again for another long run and dip into the lake before baseball duties call.

The boys have grown up so quickly I don't want to miss out on any games, tournaments or anything else. Sheesh, Tyler has his first year of college all wrapped up, classes are finished. He'll graduate from High School in a few weeks. I can't believe it. Today he spent a few hours at home after work and before heading out to a movie. I'm glad I was here for those few hours to just hang out with him. Time is moving by too quickly for me.

I don't know if I'll be making it out to Bighorn. Without a 50 mile run this weekend I don't believe I'll be ready. Next weekend I'll be in Chicago and then it's only a few weeks out. It's not looking so good. You know what, I'm ok with it. Who said that? Yeah, me.

Strange. I'm not uptight over it, I'm not stressed, I don't feel like a failure. Strange indeed.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with all my friends of Leanness Lifestyle next weekend. I can't wait! There are over 30 of us who will be meeting for a seminar with David on Friday, workouts on Saturday and the bodybuilding competition on Saturday night. Awesome!

No comments: