Friday, January 25, 2008

I'm In!

I purposely hadn't looked at my heel since I cleaned and covered it up with a new Compeed a few days ago. It made me nervous. Yesterday the throbbing finally went away; I was beginning to worry about infection. This morning I removed the Compeed before my shower, let the water pour over it, poured some peroxide on it and showed Troy and Tyler the volcano that erupted, squirted some neosporin into the wound and placed a Compeed over it. It felt better!

The swelling has gone away a bit in my foot so I was able to wear a run shoe to work today with jeans. Friday you know; jeans day.

I decided that today I would try a run in road shoes and wool socks. I figured I might as well see if I can give the Winter Carnival 1/2 Marathon a try tomorrow or if it was silly to give it a try.

I didn't hurt! I was so excited. Topaz and I ran the dirt road to the lake and back, about 8 miles..no pain. The Compeed stayed in place the whole time. Yeahoo. Back in business.

Guess this is the green light for the race tomorrow. I shouldn't really call it a race. For me, it will be a run with people. No racing involved. Just a fun morning, running with a group of people with like interests.

I have only run 2 1/2 marathons. The first was when I was beginning to train for my first marathon. I ran the Mora 1/2. Oh, I remember how difficult it was for me to run that distance. I felt as though I had conquered all of my demons. It was a huge race for me. I ran the Winter Carnival 1/2 Marathon about 7 years ago. I thought it was crazy to be running 13 miles in the winter.

Now I know better :)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Nice! Good luck at your race.. er, running party tomorrow.

Heidi Swift said...

Have fun tomorrow! Great news about the foot.
And thanks for stopping by!