Friday, August 31, 2007

Final Summer Holiday

I've had an incredibly stress free, wonderful, happy day today.

I was only scheduled to work until 1045; closing up the office early. Happy Days! At 1000 Troy called me, "Mom, Lukas (cousin) called, can Ty and me go up to the cabin early with Lukas and Uncle Tim?" "Do you want to?" "Well, DUH!" OK, get packed up and I'll be home in an hour to bring you over there.

Laurie and Tim only live a few miles from the trail that I run upon, so I changed into running clothes and called Topaz to come along. After bringing the boys to there house, Topaz and I headed off for our run. Man, it was actually hot today. It felt super. The bridge is still out, so we ran through the creek, climbing down and back up the river banks.

After running I began to prepare a few items to bring up to the lake tomorrow. My Mom, bless her heart, doesn't like me to bring meals along for everyone. I offer every time. Can I bring lasagna? Some pasties? A turkey? No, no, no. She'll take care of everything. I always bring along my lean protein and veggies. I try not to offend her but I just don't eat sloppy joes and hotdogs or pork roast or meatloaf or ribs.

Oh, on the Mom front: today she has her second round of chemo, in Duluth. She's taking chemo from 8-3, then she and Dad are going to the cabin to spend time with us. She felt very well after the first round of chemo, three weeks ago. Hopefully this round goes as well. Thanks so much for all the thoughts and prayers for Mom. She is amazing, she is very positive and sure that she'll beat this cancer again. Go Mom.

This afternoon I whipped up some Julie friendly recipes to bring to the lake. Another pan of oat pumpkin bars, I love them! I also tried some peanut butter granola bars that aren't quite as good as the oat bars, I don't think. The crust less meat pizza-wonderful! I'll post the recipes below. I'll head up the cabin with a bag of salad fixings, my new baked items, some fresh fruit and I'm good to go.

After cleaning the house I headed off for a bike ride into Big Lake and around the the lake. It's an awesome, sunny day. 20 miles later, I'm ready for listening to the Twins.

Have an awesome holiday weekend! I'll be at Lake Vermilion :)

Peanut Butter Granola Bars:
1 C steel cut oats, 1.5 C oats, 1.5 C Protein Powder (I used Myopro Vanilla), 20 almonds, 1/4 c raisins, 1/4 C honey, 1/4 C peanut butter, 4 packets Splenda, 3/4 C Eggbeaters, Bit of water. Mix all together to form sticky dough, place tinfoil into 9x13 and spray with PAM. Spread dough onto foil and bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Cut into 10 big pieces or 20 small.
20 small: 113 Calories, 3 G fat, 14G Carbs, 8 G protein

Crust less Pizza
1 package Jennio 99A% FF Turkey (1.3 pounds)
1 can Ro-Tel spicy diced tomatoes
Oregano, Salt, Pepper
4 egg whites
1 c tomato sauce
1 green pepper
1 onion
20 black olives
2 c ff mozzarella (almost too much)

Brown turkey in skillet, add the seasoning, place in mix bowl and cool. Add egg whites. Spray 9" round cake pan with PAM, press turkey mix into to form 'crust'. Add tomato, sauce, peppers, onions, olives, mozzarella. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes, until cheese browns.

6 servings
1:211 Calories, 3 g Fat, 11g Carb, 36 G Protein

No comments: