Thursday, March 02, 2006

A Nice Surprise

Yesterday I had planned to run 10 miles. 5 miles before run club began and 5 miles with the run club.

Mid-day hubby called to let me know that instead of leaving at 6 for the Timberwolves game he was going to get off of work early, pick up the boys, go out for an early dinner and then they would attend the game.

WOW! That meant I didn't have to drive children around, get them ready for the game or cook dinner. What's a gal to do..but ..RUN!

I quickly grabbed my water belt, a few gels and was off and running. I was able to get 15 miles in before run club and then ran the five with the club.

Yes! A 20 mile mid week run.

My ankles were getting a bit tired at the finish; I ran 32 miles on asphalt on Saturday. My body hasn't felt so much asphalt since Ed Fitz 100K back in October.

Today was an 8 mile tempo run on the treadmill; tonight is 5 miles on the trail with Topaz.

Run On.

2 comments:

Flatman said...

Tour mileage never ceases to amaze me. I truly don't know how you do it...

Congrats on getting a run in the middle week longer than I have ever run before!

Flatman said...

Tour = Your.

I'm an idiot.