Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year!!

2005 is just about expired. I can't even believe how quickly the years go by. Yup, I sound just like my Mother. Good grief.

I spent the day just having a blast. I awoke at 5 AM so that I could be at Afton State Park prior to 8. On the way, stopped by St. Paul to pick up Marie and Bonnie. After unloading all of their gear into my car, we realized that I didn't have a State Park sticker. Oops. Had to get another workout carrying all the gear from my car to Bonnie's.

At Afton we met up with Scott and Alicia.

The snow was fabulous for snow shoe running. Just wonderful! I love Afton State Park. There is a nice visitor center with a wood stove, indoor plumbing with flushing toilets; what more can a gal ask for? Not to mention the best trails-wooded, open, meadow, ravines, hills, some flats, river, ski alps; you name it, Afton has it.

We spent a couple of hours out on the trail-running up and down the hills-looking at at the St. Croix River, watching the downhill skiiers. Just wonderful.

Each hour I gulped down a Coca Cola Cliff Shot (not my favorite..Mocha Mocha is) and I drank 60 oz of Hammer Heed. I never felt Bonkie; just feeling good.

After our run we warmed up in the Center, changed clothes and I, Bonnie and Marie headed off to Sunsets in Woodbury for a wonderful lunch to celebrate mine and Marie's birthday. I had a Tucson Grilled Chicken Salad that I highly recommend.

Tonight, per our New Years Eve tradition, the Big Lake Run Club gathers at 11:45 for a run around our Wednesday Night Run Club route at Midnight to ring in the New Year.

See..a fabulous day!

Tommorrow will begin with another couple of hours snowshoe running on my Blue Hill Trail with Topaz. He didn't get his Run On today!

Enjoy the New Year Celebration!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Happy New Year Julie!

nancytoby said...

Happy 2006 to you and yours!! It's been great getting to "know" you this year!

jessie_tri_mn said...

Have a great run tonight!!! and have a happy new year!