Thursday, October 20, 2005

Feeling Fine

Thank you so very much for all the kind words and congratulations. This cyber-world is pretty incredible. I sure enjoy the enthusiasm and the support I feel from you.

This week has been all about recovery. I've been sleeping a bit more, eating a bit more, stretching much more and doing a bit of walking/running and resistance training.

Monday I and Topaz went for a walk in the woods. It was just beautiful. I had to break into a run for a few miles but it was mainly walking.

Tuesday I lifted. I was able to lift the same weight and reps as prior to Ed Fitz. That makes this gal very very happy. Running and eating less could be disasterous for my muscles. I do not want to lose them.

Next week it is back to lifting 3x a week. I will be doing a split of chest/bicep/tricep; back/shoulders/hams; quads/calves/abs.

Last night was Run Club. It was so much fun to talk to death Ed Fitz Relay and the 100K Solo. Everyone had a great time. I ran /walked the 5 mile route.

Tonight I and Topaz ran 4 miles on the trail and now I have to get to a Planning & Zoning meeting. Joy.

M1: Oat Pancake ( 1/2 c oats, 6 whites, sf syrup)
M2: Banana/All The Whey
M3: 5 oz tuna/large green salad/olive oil
M4: 4 oz sirloin/2 c frozen veggies
M5: Orange/cottage cheese

Calories: 1354 Carbs: 38% Protein: 42% Fat:20%

5 comments:

Flatman said...

Rest up! You deserve it for sure!

robtherunner said...

I am curious as how you get by with eating so little throughout the day with a high volume workout schedule. Obviously this week is different since you are in recovery, but from past posts it does not seem like you eat all that much. Maybe I just indulge too much. I run ultras as well and eat probably 3,000 cal. per day averaging about 50+ miles a week of running, and that includes my low and high weeks. Well recover fast. Is there another 100 miler in your future?

Julie B said...

Rob; I am eating less these days. I want to lose another 10 pounds or so during the fall/winter. I'm eating roughly 1300-1500 calories each day; a 40/40/40 ratio.

I'm following Leanness Lifestyle (www.leannesslifestyle.com) and have been for 9 months. I've lost 28 pounds so far.

Yes, I am definately doing more 100s. I am putting in for Western States and will run a total of 3 100s next summer, training for the Grand Slam the next summer. Slow and steady..

robtherunner said...

Thanks Julie. I'll be sending good feelings your way during the lottery for WS. I hope to get in 2 or 3 100's as well next year.

tri-mama said...

Yea, another Minnesotoan! What a fantastic race, I'll have to put that on the radar down the road. Way to go!