Monday, September 19, 2005

Ahhhchhhoooo!!!!

I have caught the cold that the boys have had for the past week. They have been complaining of head ache, tiredness and generally feeling like crap. They have been going to school, going to football practices and then crashing at home shortly after we arrive.

Now it is my turn.

I decided I'd at least lift today. After bringing Troy to football practice I went to the gym. My workout felt good, made me feel human again, but wasn't as strong as usual. That's OK. I least I did what I could.

Chest/Biceps/Triceps

Chest:
DB Chest Press; 40 x 6 x 4
BB Chest Press; 110 x 5 x 3; 80 x 10 x 1
Pec Deck; 80 x 6 x 4
Lever Chest Press: 80 x 6 x 4

Bicep:
"21's" BB; 50 x 6 x 2; 40 x 8 x 2
DB curl 30 x 8 x 4
Straight bar on cable pull; 80 x 6 x 2, 60 x 8 x2

Tricep:
Rope on lever pull; 80 x 10 x 4
Skull Crushers: 25 x 8 x 4
Tricep push down on cable: 85 x 10 x 2, 60 x 12 x 2

Then I felt better..fried..but better.

Met Steve at the field and finished watching Troy practice. Oh my gosh. The mosquitoes are back in full force. They were horrible. Steve left, he couldn't take it in his short sleeved shirt.

Tomorrow I have too much to do so will have to opt for a 4 AM treadmill run. Pits.

Tyler has football from 230-430, guitar lesson from 445-545 and Troy has a football game at 6. No time for a run with Topaz. I just don't want to go out and run in the dark at 4 AM. But, who knows, maybe he'll look at me with his sad little blue eyes and I'll take him down the dark streets. I don't think so though!

Last night I had an ice cream splurge. A huge Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard something or other. It was awesome. Hadn't had a sugar splurge in 8 weeks. Guess what? The scale was up 5 pounds today. Nice carb bloat. Unreal, hu? Today eating was right on:
M1: Oat pancake ( 1 c oats, 1 egg, 5 whites), sf syrup
M2: Tuna pouch, tomatoes, cukes
M3: Cream of Wheat, peanut butter, Myopro scoop (still craving carbs from yesterday's splurge)
M4: Apple
M5: All The Whey Protein w/ banana

Calories: 1241 Carb: 42%, Protein: 46%, Fat 12%

5 comments:

Flatman said...

Uh oh...you've found my weakness. Blizzards. I love them, even though I probably only eat three a year.

Oreo cookie blizzards, how I love thee!

jessie_tri_mn said...

Sorry you're sick! Good to get it out of the way before the marathon.

Ditto on DQ, I've got a little problem... Flatman and I should start DQ Anonymous.

Oh, BTW, I am totally hoping to do the Buffalo Oly next year! We'll have to have a blogger after-party!

Chris said...

Why must everything that tastes oh so good be oh so bad for us? :(

Ironayla said...

I just found your site and love it!

I hope you don't mind me posting you a question this way. I have done a few IMs and am looking at doing my first ultra - rather I would like to do a 50 miler next summer. I was wondering if you might have any advice to share? What kind of training plans do people follow?

Julie B said...

Yay Jessie! That'll be cool to see you at Buffalo-

Ironayla; for my first 50 mile my training was basically 35-45 miles running a week; two long runs of 50K distance, first 50K 8 weeks before the 50M, second 50K 3-4 weeks prior. This worked very well for a finish. What 50M are you thinking you'd like to do?

Please, ask away..any questions you may have, I'm an open book:)