Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Sultry Summer and Great Workouts

We've had some very hot weather during the past two weeks in Minnesota. I usually don't run the central air but I had to roll in all of the windows and crank it on yesterday. It's been in the high 90's since we arrived home from the lake.

I've been spending a lot of time out in the pool!

Yesterday I ran a speed workout on the treadmill. I did the Yasso 800's in 3:45x4; I haven't completed them in 3:45 before. A new personal best. Yahoo!

I had to run on the treadmill because it was already 86F outside at 7 AM. Topaz would die running in the heat. He doesn't know when to let up. We have a 'puppy' pool for him outside that is always full of cool hose water. It is really a hard plastic toddler pool. He dives in there many times during the course of a day.

Today I and Topaz went to the Prairie Edge trail. I ran from 5-8 AM; it wasn't quite so hot! Had a great weight training session at the gym: chest, bi, tri and then rode bike for an hour. Tonight I'm swimming at the lake. Tyler has a baseball picnic so I figured I'd swim in the open water. I don't swim in the lake as much as I'd like. I realized when at the cabin this past week, I pretty much suck at it.

In high school I was on the swimming team, you'd never know it now. Swimming in our pool is a far cry from lake swimming.

I'm thinking of doing a tri in the future. We'll see.

M1: Oat pancake ( .5 c oats, 1 egg, 5 whites, ns syrup)
M2: 2 c spinach, 1 tomato, 1 cucumber, 5 oz chicken, 2 T nf dressing
M3: 2 South Beach Chicken Caeser Wraps, apple
M4: 6 oz salmon, large green salad
M5: sf jello and nf cool whip. Yum.

No comments: