Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Hills

Yesterday I went to the Blue Hill Trail to run hills. There is a .5 mile hill with a pretty good grade % on it. I ran up hard, rested a minute and ran down; repeat 12 times. Then ran 6 miles easy on the trail.

I figured I might as well work my legs real hard and went to the gym to lift. My lifts are getting better:

Extension: 140x8x2, 160x6x1, 140x6x2
Squats: 95x10x1, 110x10x1, 130x6x1
Slanted Leg Press: 120x8x1, 140x6x2
Hamstring Curl: 40x10x1, 60x10x2, 80x6x1
Calf raise: 180x15x1

I have the Afton 50K on Saturday so I wanted to work my legs early this week.

Today I ran 8 easy on trail and will go this afternoon to lift chest, tri.

M1: Oat pancake: 2/3 c oats, 1 egg, 5 whites, sf syrup
M2: 4 oz chicken, 2 c spinach (finally, from the garden!), grape tomatoes, cucumber, olive oil
M3: Myoplex Shake, blueberries
M4: 6 oz salmon, 2 c grilled squash, eggplant, peppers and onions
M5: EFL Tropical Tuna

3 comments:

cynthia said...

Yowsa, hill repeats! Sure are tough, but I love the feeling of accomplishment and of conquering them. They are such a great workout!

mrykay1 said...

Hey girl!
You are so inspirational!

I had a question about LL - do you have any official website info or suggestions on how to find a local group - i searched the web and all i could find was message boards (out of date) and a link to the book... should i just get the book and try and do a challenge on my own?
thanks sweetie!
and i love the pic - you look fantastic!!!! i want abs like that!

Julie B said...

You should be able to go to www.leannesslifestyle.com and check out the website. They usually offer 30 days free. Then it costs something each month. I get my service for $48 a year since I've completed 2 bootcamps. I love it!