Thursday, June 30, 2005

Afton 50K

I'll be running the Afton 50K on Saturday. My friend, Scott Wagner, is the Race Director. He is all a flutter right now, making race packets, ordering food, making sure the tshirts and awards are ready. It is a huge undertaking, putting on a race. He is expection 100 to run the 50K and a few less than that to run the 25K. That's a big turn out for this race.

Check out www.aftontrailrace.com for more details.

I'm going to take it nice and easy and enjoy the day in a great state park. No time goals, just to finish within the allotted 8 hour time frame. Last year I ran it in 7:14 so of course, 7:13 would be just fine this year.

This morning Troy rode his bike with me while I ran. We did the Eagle trail and spotted two bald eagles. They were guarding their nest. I bet there are little eaglets in there now. We did 8 miles. Topaz was a crazy runner dog, running up to Troy, back to me, up to Troy. He was trying to herd us back together. It was a riot. He's actually sleeping at my feet now.

Today I'm at my lowest weight: 130.7. I love it! Tomorrow I'll carb up for the race so I'll enjoy my low for today; it will be gone soon.

5 comments:

bruce p said...

Hey Julie,I'll be coming over to see your new "HOT BOD" at Afton,don't be supprised if I just follow?

Julie B said...

Hey Bruce!! I'll see you on Saturday then. Fun.

How was Mohican 100?

Julie

bruce p said...

Mohican was crappy,I got to 61 and called it a day,just no energy,legs heavy,I tried eating any thing to bring myself around,but to no avail,maybe to much training I don't know. The lean Horse 100 is my next BIG race.

bruce p said...

Mohican was crappy,I got to 61 and called it a day,just no energy,legs heavy,I tried eating any thing to bring myself around,but to no avail,maybe to much training I don't know. The lean Horse 100 is my next BIG race.

Julie B said...

Well that's the pits about Mohican. Some days are just like that. That's how I was at FANS. Nothing left to give. Lean Horse sounds like a good one, I have a few friends running (Dave Just, Mick Justin) and am thinking on it..just thinking at this point. It'll be so damn hot. See you Saturday!