Friday, April 29, 2005

P90X

I've never used fitness DVD's for cardio or weight lifting. I've always run on the trail or treadmill at home and lifted at the gym. Sometimes I wish I had a DVD for at home use in the evening when I am feeling I have some more energy to burn, or when I just can't make it to they gym because I have 101 other things to do. Running in place? No thanks.

I've been reading www.maggiewang.com for some time. She turned me on to LL and now she is turning me on to the P90X Extreme Training System. I was intrigued so went to www.beachbody.com to read all about it. This training system is comprised of 12 DVD's: cardio, weight training, abs, yoga, lots of push-pull exercises and the ever loving pull up. After researching the program and reading the testimonials, I must say, I ordered it.

I ordered the Jungle Jam as well. It's a pull-up apperatus that installs to the frame of the door way. It's 20% off today for a total of $35.96. Steve will just about die when he sees that I am installing a contraption to build my back and arms to be bigger and stronger than they are now. I know I will find him pulling-up too! My thirteen year old son will be joining in too, I am sure. Troy, my 9 year old, will just roll his eyes at me first off, but we'll have him hooked soon enough.

I'm looking forward to having another way to increase my level of fitness. The polymetrics, the extreme yoga, the ab workouts..I can't wait.

I took Topaz out for a 6 mile run this morning before work. It was 28F and windy. BRRRR!!! I'll be lifting chest, shoulders and triceps tonight at the gym before I head to 3 hours of baseball tonight with the boys..another night of shivering on the field!

M1: 1 egg, 5 whites, hardboiled, 1 T ff mayo
M2: 4 oz chicken, 1 c carrots, 1 c celery, 2 c spinach, tomato, ff dressing
M3: 4 oz tuna (lemon zesty pouch), 1 apple
M4: 8 oz talapia, 2 c sauteed cabbage
M5: Myoplex light shake

No comments: