Thursday, January 13, 2005

Evil Sugar Free Life Savers

I thought I found a good, sweet snack. I purchased a bag of Sorbet Sugar Free Life Savers, a bag of the regular fruit Sugar Free Life Savers and a bag of Sugar Free WintOgreen Life Savers. (Why not one bag to try out?)

After ingesting approximately 6 of these, over the course of a few hours I began to have horrible stomach cramps. It felt like two kittens were fighting in my stomach. I had to run to the bathroom over and over. My stomach distended four inches. I had to undo my belt! It was HORRIBLE!!!

What is in these things that my body was trying to rid itself of? No more sugar free deadlies.

Of course, I had a 10 mile run to complete three hours from this attack. Luckily, it went off without a hitch. There was 2" of fresh snow, that made the running difficult, it was more like a trudging instead of a running. Felt like quicksand that was slippery. My calves became quite tight, but all was A-OK. I love running!

Totals: Calories-1334
Carbs: 30%
Protein: 51%
Fat: 19%

I'm surprised at the low carb intake. I did eat the fortified french toast meal, an oatmeal meal, but had mainly protein and veggies the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

WHERE DID YOU GET SUGAR FREE WINTOGREEN LIFE SAVERS CANDY, I CAN'T FIND IT SUGAR FREE ANYWHERE. HELP ME MY EMAIL IS nanzy620@yahoo.com